Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wedding Pictures Part 14: Church



Before we leave the church, I wanted to share a few pictures that don't really help tell the story*, but are soooo pretty.




Grandma J's prayer book with Granny's/Sara's rosary.




No, we didn't get married here because the church was pretty as some people thought. I love my church for more reasons than that... but I will agree that it is indeed, a pretty church.






















The remodeled the altar area between Christmas and Easter, and we were nervous about it being done on time. No one wants plywood behind them in their wedding pictures.  More nerve racking though was when the initial design called for removing the baldachin canopy, changing the alter itself, or repainting the baldachin. (The baldachin is that wooden thing just above the cross with the painted panels, with the canopy being the part that hangs like... a canopy... ) Luckily, they were done on time. They didn't change a thing to the balduchin. Hooray!




*The main reason why I'm writing this blog is so I have something from which to create a sort of journal  to bring back memories of exactly what happened on our wedding day when I look at our album years from now. I've been omitting some of our best pictures that are beautiful, but don't tell the story, that don't remind me of how we felt, what we experienced on that day. However, I thought some people (that's you, mom!) might like to see the pretty pictures.

1 comment:

Patty Stephens said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Keep the blogs coming. :)