Monday, December 21, 2009

Double your pleasure, double your fun...

Especially when you get to have 2 showers and 1 wedding!

The first shower was a joint one for Kenneth's cousin and I. She's expecting the family's first child in that generation, so it's pretty exciting. Since the invite mentioned welcoming the two new members of the family, (Me and Baby C), there was some confusion. For the record, I'm not pregnant... but Megan is. Ken's aunt was so sweet to make a diaper cake in my wedding colors. Meshed it all pretty well, I thought. :)


Since I had no bridesmaids at the Seattle shower, Kenneth's cousin filled in making my bouquet.


Ester came out for the shower. She filled in on another bridesmaid duty by being my note taker while I opened gifts.


Kenneth's mom was sweet enough to come to BOTH showers!

First look at the Portland shower. Kenneth's aunt and cousin hosted my family-- and that's a lot to take on with a family like mine-- big, loud, and full of kids. :) Here's my cake. Chocolate with raspberry filling, since Kenneth doesn't like fruit, so here was our big chance for raspberry flavor in the cake. YUM!


Our 2 teams hard at work in the toilet paper wedding dress game: adults vs. kids.

Despite the lovely details on my bridsesmaid/sister's outfit, clearly the kids came out as the winners in this game. How could they not with that Michelle Obama inspired number?

Playing with my cousin's adorable daughter. Cuter than a cabbage patch kid, this one is.

Bridesmaid/sister Sara helps me show off the beautiful lace edged table cloth and napkins my parents brought back from Italy for me.  Clearly Sara has more of a knack for modeling than I do with those Vanna White inspired arm poses she's doing.

I got the kids involved by asking them to help me open gifts. Lesson learned: Tell kids to be gentle before they start, or the wrapping paper will fly.

Before we left, I got a picture of me with my moms-- step-mom, FMIL, and mom. The best gift was having all my moms and all my sisters in the same room. What a blessing! All thanks to Kenneth's family for throwing 2 beautiful showers!

No comments: