Sunday, July 18, 2010

3 Month Anniversary

Today, we celebrated our 3 month anniversary by unwrapping the bulky package we found left in our freezer after our mini-moon. Which one?

This one:


We know that you're supposed to save the top tier from your wedding for your first anniversary. But our baker offered to recreate our top tier for our 1st anniversary, so we weren't planning to save the top tier from our wedding cake. We forgot to tell people though, so my super-awesome friend Margarett took our top tier to our apartment after the wedding, wrapped in plastic wrap and foil, and stuck it in the freezer. And here's the rub-- our freezer is ALWAYS bursting at the seams. When I make food (really make food, not sandwiches for dinner or frozen pizza), I make the full recipe, even just for 2 of us. I freeze the leftovers in 2 serving size containers and bam--- quick and easy dinner-- just reheat and serve. So, our freezer is full of frozen vegetables, ice, tons of green chile/homemade marinara/whatever I made last week.... and the top tier of our wedding cake.

We thought maybe since Margie did go through the trouble of wrapping up and freezing the cake for us, maaaaaybe we could save it for our first anniversary. Well, our freezer situation put the kibosh on that. Desperate times call for desperate measures and all that. 




Hmm.... frosting is very smudged, but it looks ok otherwise.

So, we decided we would eat the cake for our 1 month-iversary. And we promptly forgot about the cake on our 1 month-iversary. And then we forgot about it on our 2 month-iversary. And then we came to today, our 3 month-iversary, and we remembered! 


We were scared. Was it going to be chocolate cake with cookies & cream filling, which we both loved? Or lemon marionberry, which only I would like? Would we be romantically sharing this top tier, or would it fall to me entirely to eat that HUGE top tier?  The moment of truth....



Bummer. That, my friends, is lemon-marionberry. If my butt looks bigger next time you see me, now you know why.




Nothing left to do, but eat the cake. OOooohhh, spooky eyes for Juniper. I think that means she was trying to use the Jedi laser eye trick to move the cake from the counter and into her belly. It doesn't appear to have worked though. Too bad, Juniper! No cake for you. 

But if you are in the mood for 3 month old, but still tasty lemon marionberry cake, come on over.  Don't leave me to eat the top tier of my wedding cake alone!

No comments: