Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wedding Pictures Part 17: Reception details

One exciting aspect of the day was arriving at Salty's and walking around the banquet rooms, seeing how all the decorations and the food came together-- would everything look like we imagined it would? Did Jackie, our Day of Coordinator (and recent bride herself) understand our explanations from days ago, about how the set up should be for the each table, for the candy/cookie buffet... for everything? Would the cake look right? Did anything get lost or forgotten?



Let's see.... there was the cake table with items and pictures from family weddings... 
... and the cake wasn't a cake wreck! 

Everything just perfect and the cake looking exactly like the inspiration picture from way back when. 


The cookie and candy buffet-- with cookies that mom and I (mostly mom) spent hours and hours baking. 






Mmmm. Lemon lavender shortbread cookies.

The goodie bags mom and Piper stamped. (THANK YOU!)

The centerpieces. I loved them-- they looked exactly like I imagined. And while I consider myself moderately crafty, things rarely look that closely to what I imagine when I start a project.

Our little sweetheart table decorations that mom put together...


The card suitcase... (another project by mom)



Yeah, Jackie (and Uncle Chad) did a terrific job! 

Not just in setting the decorations out either. Jackie I know each other from when she joined some of my co-workers for the Danskin Triathlon in 2009, and she's also friend of friend/co-worker Dana.  She offered to help us out in with our wedding and Ken and I were soooooo stinkin' happy about that. A lot of stress we had around the wedding day logistics was relieved with her entrance into our wedding world. Jackie helped us create our wedding week schedule, saved the day when some things didn't make it to Salty's the morning of the wedding, kept us on schedule the day of the wedding, and the best part-- she made the reception a no-stress time for me because I didn't have to worry about a thing. She made sure Kenneth and I ate, and that our glasses were never empty. If anyone asked us a question-- all we had to say was "I don't know. But ask Jackie, the girl in the purple shirt. She'll be able to help you."  We never had to deal with any crisis. We were able to concentrate on spending time with people we loved, and not worrying about anything else.

All that, and I don't have a picture of from the wedding, so here she is with the triathlon gang from 2009... This is all to say, THANKS AGAIN JACKIE!

1 comment:

Jackie Wilson said...

You are very, very welcome! Being part of your wedding day helped me figure out a lot of things about planning my own wedding, and let me put my event planning skills to the test! It was fun. :)