Friday, November 12, 2010

Wedding Pictures: Finale



I love this picture because to me, it's what family is all about. Here, my sister Sara is joking with my mom and cousin Patty-- clearly having a good time. And, my step-sister Piper (my step-dad's daughter) is hugging my half-sister (my dad and step-mom's daughter)-- there is no blood connecting them. They aren't even sisters by marriage. But the way Piper acted with my little sisters that weekend, and acts whenever she is with my half-sisters, is no less than sisterly love in action. I joke that my family is as blended as they get-- I've got 2 step-parents, sisters, half-sisters, a step-sister, and for 2 years I had a foster brother.  Piper's mom once said something that stuck with me... "Family is what you make it."

It's not blood or marriage that makes all these people family, it's love. We hope that kind of love came through in our wedding, and that it resonates in us through the next 60 years (at least!) of our lives.





 The End.

No comments: