Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wedding Pictures Part 20: Let's Dance



In the end, we picked "You Are the Best Thing" for our first dance. It's fun, easy to dance to, and appealed to both of us. "Can't Take my Eyes Off of You" is still "our" song, and it would've been great to have our first dance to our song, but it would have required more dance lessons than we could afford or even had time for. (Did I mention we started our dance lessons less than a month before the wedding, which we hadn't budgeted for... and they turned out to be way more expensive than we thought they would be? Oops. We only ended up making it to 2 lessons.) We didn't do "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" because it was too long and the music didn't allow for any creativity in dancing. I think we had the most fun with what we picked, anyway.

I really, really love the above 2 photos. Definitely in my top 10 of all 2000 of our wedding photos. LOVE them.




And then it was time for my Dad and I to dance. In efforts to simplify where possible, I asked Dad to pick the song we would dance to. His choice-- "Have I told You Lately that I Love You"-- was a good one, even more so because my dad doesn't say "I love you," often.  He's not the kind to vocalize his emotions, so choosing that song was his way of doing it, and it made dancing with him more special than it might have been with other songs he considered ("Unforgettable," and "Landslide")
I'm probably laughing because Dad's telling a lame joke or some ridiculous one-liner. 
The song was a great choice, but it's over 4 minutes long. That's a long time to have people watch you dance! So about mid-way through, I decided it was time to make things more interesting, and asked the rest of my Dad's daughters to join in...


And finally, it was time for Kenneth and his mom to do their dance. Kenneth and his mom chose Celine Dion's "You Raise Me Up." 

Kenneth's mom looks soooooooo happy in these pictures. Honestly, part of me didn't want to do any formal dances, (more spotlight on us was not what I wanted), but to get a picture like this, and make Kenneth's mom this happy, I'd say it was worth it in the end.




Love that picture. Doesn't it make you want to go hug your mom?

No comments: