Saturday, December 4, 2010

Our First Christmas (Cards)

While Kenneth and I have now been dating, engaged, or married through 4 Christmases now, I'm finding myself very excited about our first Christmas as a married couple. We started dating late in the year that first year together, so we didn't spend that Christmas together, but we have ever since then. But there are some things that make this Christmas a little different. For one, this will be our first Christmas spent together in California. There are other firsts too...

First Christmas ornaments...
How pretty would one of these be with our names and "Our First Christmas" printed on it be?

Or this one...
Then, this will be our first Christmas cards sent as a married couple. I can't tell you how excited I am to sign some cards from "Brianna and Kenneth." Something about sending Christmas cards out together seems so very... "we're our own new family." (Descriptive, right?) Anyway, the added bonus is that it's a great way to share wedding pictures. (Ha! You thought you were done seeing them!)

I've been considering a few different places for ordering cards-- there are SO many out there right now-- but after playing with Shutterfly's system and getting used to it while working on some wedding albums, I'm leaning pretty heavily towards using Shutterfly for Christmas cards. Maybe this picture...

Thanks to my incredibly talented friend Carina for capturing this moment!
With one of these designs...

I love that if we chose this one, 10% of the proceeds go to Heifer International-- one of the charities we regularly support anyway. I'm a sucker for anything that supports a charity somehow, even more so when it's a great cause like Heifer International.

But, I love that this one gives us the option to show a couple of pictures, and this one helps you do it in a fun way...

I love that even though the aqua and red color combo isn't usually a Christmas color, it still seems wintry and fun--- it still seems Christmas-y.

Or, maybe in keeping with the "Our First Christmas" thing-- we'll go with this one because it has the same scritp-y font feel that would have gone with our wedding cake, and the colors are pretty close too. And look at all the different pictures we could share on just one card!

I'm having a hard time picking one, and Christmas is only 20 days away! Eek! Which one do you think we should go with? 

1 comment:

Vegaia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.