Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Weeping wax and happy tears

Last week, Kenneth and I opened a package wrapped in blue and brown ribbon to find this:

I'm such a sap, so I'm sure this isn't shocking, but I actually teared up a little when we opened the package and saw what it was. It's an incredible weeping wax "painting" made by one of Kenneth's mom's friends. Since the picture doesn't do it justice, I'll explain a little of what's in the piece. There's a picture of Kenneth and I from our engagement pictures (thanks again for taking those, mom!), and a picture of my church. On the bottom, she pulled our proposal story off of our wedding website and put it next to the picture of us. In the middle is the cover from our programs. At the top is 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 ("Love is patient, love is kind...") in Italian. There are little crystals here and there, and a crystal cross on top of the picture of the church. And at the top, is a silver heart with "Love" on it.  You can't see the sides, but they are covered in a beautiful floral fabric or paper with wax covering it.  I'm amazed by how much thought went into it. It was obviously made with care to be something meaningful for us, and we're both grateful and amazed by it. I'm still finding little details I didn't notice before. Love it!

By the way, if you want to see more artwork done by Kenneth's mom's friend, you can click here.

No comments: