Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ceremony Venue: Blessed Sacrament Church, Seattle

When I first moved to Seattle, I wanted to get back into the habit of going to church regularly. I'd always gone for Ash Wednesday, Easter, and Christmas with my families (What? You don't have more than one family?), but I desperately wanted to get into going regularly. I lived just a couple blocks from this church, so despite the presence of  a Newman Center for UW students, I found myself going here nearly every Sunday. 





I immediately felt a strong connection to this church. This is the place where my dormant childhood faith woke up and started living again. Here I saw, felt, and worshiped God.  Yes, God is in all Creation (here's lookin' at you St. Francis!), but never is my faith firmer than when I'm praying inside these brick walls. I knew early on that when someone came along that I would marry, here is where I would marry them. After attending for a year, I decided to register here, and make it my "home," which I'm glad I did because it made our wedding a bit more affordable! :)

What I didn't take into account was Kenneth's family, and their strong attachment to their church. Truth be told, over the last year, I've probably gone to church with his family more often than I've gone to my own church. Still, my church holds a special spot in my heart. I couldn't immediately get over the idea of getting married in any other church. We talked it over, and after Kenneth visited my church, we decided to get married here-- but with his family's priest, from his family's church. :)

No comments: