Monday, February 23, 2009

4 miles

I haven't done anything more than 2.7 miles in months, so when I told Ken I didn't want to do anything less than 3 mile runs from here on out, he held me to it. We ran 3.96 miles tonight.

I wish I had remembered how physically painful and mentally/emotionally exhausting pushing myself like that can be. I probably would have held up better if the same old knee pain hadn't showed up with new hip pain to go with it. BLECH! Something to talk to my physical therapist about. Ken says my form has dramatically improved, so that's the heartening.

Poor Ken got the brunt of my post-run frustrations. I'm hoping that improves over the coming months. According to my friend Sally Edwards, competitive runners have divorce rates higher than the national average, but it's not quite as high when both partners in the relationship are athletes. Something to think about.

No comments: