Friday, February 27, 2009

Ugh

Culture results finally came back. Yep, had/have strep throat. I've been pretty low energy, so it makes a bit more sense now. Even then, I ran 3.1 miles yesterday.

Since it's lent, I fasted Wednesday (Ash Wednesday) and today, and will be on Fridays from now until Easter. Fasting is not exactly ideal for triathlon prep, but it's a good day to focus on my core and mostly take the day off. At least until Easter. Still, did pilates and exercises for my knee today.

Physical therapy was cancelled yesterday due to snow, so I've only got 2 more appointments left before the re-eval with my doctor. Here's hoping my knee is fixed.

The swimsuit came in-- it's way tight! I guess it's supposed to be though. I really have no idea what I'm getting into with swimming. But to help, I'm going to an Introduction to Triathlons class. It's nice having Ken work for REI and fill me in on these things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bri - I had no idea you were taking on such a huge task. Tiathlon, OMG!!!! I am so proud of you. This is the first blog I've seen. Honey, I know you are such a good christian and everything, but should you be training and fasting at the same time. I know I sound like a meddling aunt but don't want to see you get sick. Ken sounds like a great boyfriend and such an inspiration for you. Let me know when the Tri is and I'll try to be there. Casey and I are going to Alaska sometime in August but don't know the date yet. Keep working hard, stay healthy and you are in my prayers. Love ya baby! Karen