Sunday, February 22, 2009

Swimsuit shopping...

On thinking this whole triathlon thing through, I decided my cute little bikini is not the ideal swimwear for the Danskin. This means, swimsuit shopping, and pronto. There's training to do! Always a discount shopper and not being familiar with discount competitive swimwear shops in Seattle, I turned to the internet. REI did not come to my rescue, unfortunately. However, I did find a nifty little swimsuit store out of Texas with a decent return policy. Here's the winner:
Not pictured are the super tough skull and crossbones on the side. I'm hoping it will inspire me to be stay tough on race day.

I didn't realize this until after I signed up, but here's the other equipment needed:
1. heart rate monitor (according to Sally Edwards this should be my first triathlon purchase)
2. bike helmet
3. swim goggles
4. swim cap
5. triathlon shorts

Hmm... looks like more time to be spent at REI and Danskin.

No comments: