Saturday, February 21, 2009

Getting started...

I've signed up for the Danskin Triathlon. The Danskin SheROX Triathlon is an all women sprint (read: beginner's) triathlon held in different cities all over the country. I signed up for it last week and I'm very excited... but also a little nervous. I've never tried anything like this before, and to be honest, I have no idea what I've gotten myself into. I'll be updating this blog with my progress.

Now for the update:
I started running last week (2.7 miles each time), but now I'm sick (strep throat? flu? tests still pending). Today's efforts then are in resting up, doing exercises to help my knee tendonitis, getting a gym membership where there's a pool, and looking for triathlon clothes at REI online. I still need to get my bike up to Seattle, but that's for another day.

Oh, and if you feel generous and want to sponsor me, I'll be donating anything beyond the registration fee to the American Cancer Society. Sponsors get their name written on me on raceday. :)

Triathlon is August 16... less than 6 months away!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I admire you for what you are doing! I hate running.....will only run if something scary is chasing me! Anyway, good for you! What are you accepting from sponsors? I'd love to help contribute to a good cause!