Monday, November 16, 2009

My "Bouquet"

Early on in the wedding process, I thought I'd have white tulips. Tulips are in season in April, and I love how they can be classic but so modern:


Along with that, I'd carry a nosegay in honor of each of our mother's mothers, who have passed away. I wanted to get the nosegays to be made of the same flowers that were in their bouquets, but that turned out to be more complicated than I thought. I was trying to come up with some other way to honor our grandmothers, and searched bouquet alternatives. There are some really great ideas out there:





Beautiful, but they just won't work. Not really us, not really fitting in with the vision of things. But theeeeen I found an article that listed much better ideas, in addition to candy, seashell, button, and feather bouquets that others had mentioned. What stuck out most to me was the suggestion to carry a Bible or a rosary. It seems like too much to juggle a bouquet on top of a Bible and/or rosary, so I'd need to drop the bouquet, but I wanted to see pictures before committing to such a switch.

That's when I found this:




What is it that Melania Knauss Trump is carrying? It's a rosary. If The Donald's wife can walk down the aisle without a bouquet, so could I. I'll show you what I'll be carrying in the next post. :)

No comments: