Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Walking Down the Treadmill

Long ago, Kenneth and I started running together. We both want to create habits of working out not only to stay healthy-- exercise is especially important with all the heart disease in my family-- but we also want to cheer on our child at the Olympics someday. Yep. We're doing it out of totally selfish motives: We want to set an example of exercising regularly and competing in triathlons and running events so that someday we'll have AMAZING seats at the Olympics. Like Michael Phelps' mom:





These parents know how to instill Olympic drive correctly. I can't wait to get Little Jimmy a hair cut like this!


Anyway, running together was a great way to stay in shape...until I started having knee trouble. After that, Kenneth would run a few days a week, and I'd go to the gym-- up to 6 days a week during the height of triathlon training. Which is also when I bought my dress. Hmm. Not the brightest idea. It leads to doing things like this...



Just getting in a few more minutes on the treadmill before walking down the aisle.

Usually, brides try and get in shape before the wedding and develop plans for slimming down or toning up. Me, I'm just trying to find a way to get back to where I was pre-wedding to actually still fit in that dress. Yeah, that dress that JUST fits at the moment. Yikes. So what's the problem? It shocked me at first, but wedding planning takes a lot of time. Add that to tonight's to-do list, which reads:
  • Grocery store
    • nutmeg, tomatoes, parsley, toilet paper
  • Make butternut squash soup to freeze (for lunch or dinner on an even busier day) 
  • Call University Inn (206) 632-5055
  • Pack 4 boxes
  • Edit Yvonne's background guide draft (this is for NMUN)
  • Send a few save-the-date stragglers
  • Find Christmas CD for co-worker. Bring it to work tomorrow
  • Write/type up volunteer job description (this is for work)
  • Blog about this and gym (an afterthought)
And, as you can see, there's no bullet with "Go to gym" next to it. There's just not going to be time. It's on the agenda for tomorrow, but at 9:30, I have yet to pack those boxes, edit Yvonne's work, find that CD, or work on that volunteer job description. They MAY appear on my to-do list for tomorrow. Whether a trip to the gym appears on tomorrow's list... I suppose I'll have to worry about that tomorrow.

B.

No comments: