Monday, April 25, 2011

Question 3 & 4: How far along are you? When is baby due?

How far along are you?
By standard measurements, we're 13 weeks as of today. That's the short, standard answer. The more accurate answer is somewhere at the end of the 1st trimester or early in the 2nd trimester. (My friend Dana explains why figuring out the whole weeks/months of pregnancy is confusing here. Basically, pregnancy isn't 10 months, or even 9 months, but should actually be calculated as somewhere in between.)

In the end, I think development milestones and due dates are ballparks. Baby will develop at the pace baby is supposed to develop at. Baby will come out when baby is ready, which will hopefully be sometime at the end of October or early November.

(12 wks shot again... because I'm writing this while resting Saturday (STILL!). And come Monday when this post goes up, I'm probably going to be too busy to have uploaded and edited my 13 wk picture from this morning, let alone replaced this filler shot with it.)

When are you due?

"Ok," you say, "that's all well and good, but I like concrete facts. All this talk of 'ballparks' and subtleties of calculating due dates is too much for me. I'm asking you how far along you are because I want to know when you're going to be HUGE and when baby is likely to arrive."

Alright then. Due date is officially Halloween 2011. Here's hoping baby actually comes then, because I think Halloween would be an AMAZING day for a birthday. The kid will have the most incredible birthday parties!

Imagine...



tween-halloween-birthday-party-21355654.jpg 3000824506_11e2469a9a.jpg

2 comments:

Aunt Laurie said...

Congrats!!! Hopefully it will be a good pregency!

Aunt Laurie

Brianna said...

Thanks Aunt Laurie! We're hoping things go well now that we know baby is healthy. :)